Welcome to Taġiuk Gold
Tagiuk Gold is a family owned and operated Alaskan offshore gold mining company. We have the largest offshore gold mining platform in the United States, a 205 foot long by 90 foot wide ice-class deck barge, outfitted with a 75 ton crane and a 20 yard level-cut clamshell.
Back the Project: Tagiuk Gold, LLC is currently seeking private lenders to loan us funds, at a rate of 15%, so that we can buy some additional accessories for our new operation. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in more information.
(video clip Steve’s tour coming soon)
About Taġiuk Gold
Andrew C. Lee founded Tagiuk Gold , LLC. Andrew has twelve years of gold mining experience offshore Alaska with a variety of methods. Starting with a diver controlled 8” suction dredge in 2006. Early success lead to the addition of a second unit in 2008. After 6 years of operating and managing 6-inch, 8-inch, and 10-inch dredges, Andrew was recruited to become an operating partner in the largest Gold mining suction dredge in the United States. Now, with access to thousands of acres, Andrew and his family are striking out with the newest and largest eco-friendly mega-dredge.
Taġiuk is the local Iñupiaq word for sea and reflects both physical location where we mine for gold as well as our company’s deep respect for the people and history of this area. Our family has lived in Alaska for generations. We see mining for gold from the sea as continuation and extension of the subsistence lifestyle, which must only be done in harmony with traditionally harvested resources.
The Bering Sea is harsh enough already for the sea life that lives here and the people that depend on it. While the life that thrives here is very hardy, we at Taġiuk Gold are committed to minimize any impact that we may have. Where possible, we strive to make that impact net positive as we renew the sea floor during the mining process.
We are committed to protecting the air and water that we all share.
- Taġiuk Gold’s revolutionary mining process consumes less than 6 gallons of fuel per troy ounce of gold mined compared to typical mines that use between a very-green 12 gallons and a more normal 25+ gallons per troy ounce of gold mined.
- We use an entirely gravity-based separation process, completely chemical free.
- Our hydraulic fluids are inherently biodegradable, free of heavy metals, non-toxic, recyclable, and approved for use in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Our submarine tailings disposal system minimizes both seawater turbidity and the seafloor area we impact. Studies have shown that full recovery of the benthic community in mining effected areas occurs within six years.
- We plan to mine less than 1% of our leased mining area per year. Reclaimation is always done concurrent with mining; less than 6% of our leased area is impacted from our mining activities at any time.