Tagiuk Gold is a family owned and operated Alaskan offshore gold mining company. We have the largest offshore gold mining platform in the United States, a 205 foot long by 90 foot wide ice-class deck barge, outfitted with a 75 ton crane and a 20 yard level-cut clamshell.
This is a way where people can follow along and participate in our mining operations, without leaving home.
We have had a professional film crew documenting Tagiuk Gold’s activities during the past year. You now have the opportunity to help turn that raw footage into the quality entertainment that you want to watch and share with the whole family.
Taġiuk Video Project
Joining the Tagiuk Video Project by becoming a paid member of this website will allow you insider access so you can:
- View progress clips
- Participate in a discussion forum where you can improve and expand show content.
- View completed episodes.
This is a Crowdfunded project, underwritten by Tagiuk Gold’s mining operation.
The three membership levels are designed to help jump start this independent video project. For a very limited time early members get a huge discount and special membership rewards.
Also, for a limited time, early members can participate in our referral program. If people sign up with your code, you both get a bonus membership reward.
12 Month Access
18 Month Access
18 Month Access
18 Month Access
(video clip Sailor Steve’s tour)
Andrew C. Lee founded Tagiuk Gold , LLC. Andrew has twelve years of gold mining experience offshore Alaska with a variety of methods. Starting with a diver controlled 8” suction dredge in 2006. Early success lead to the addition of a second unit in 2008. After 6 years of operating and managing 6-inch, 8-inch, and 10-inch dredges, Andrew was recruited to become an operating partner in the largest Gold mining suction dredge in the United States. Now, with access to thousands of acres, Andrew and his family are striking out with the newest and largest eco-friendly mega-dredge.
Taġiuk is the local Iñupiaq word for sea and reflects both physical location where we mine for gold as well as our company’s deep respect for the people and history of this area. Our family has lived in Alaska for generations. We see mining for gold from the sea as continuation and extension of the subsistence lifestyle, which must only be done in harmony with traditionally harvested resources.
The Bering Sea is harsh enough already for the sea life that lives here and the people that depend on it. While the life that thrives here is very hardy, we at Taġiuk Gold are committed to minimize any impact that we may have. Where possible, we strive to make that impact net positive as we renew the sea floor during the mining process.
We are committed to protecting the air and water that we all share.
- Taġiuk Gold’s revolutionary mining process consumes less than 6 gallons of fuel per troy ounce of gold mined compared to typical mines that use between a very-green 12 gallons and a more normal 25+ gallons per troy ounce of gold mined.
- We use an entirely gravity-based separation process, completely chemical free.
- Our hydraulic fluids are inherently biodegradable, free of heavy metals, non-toxic, recyclable, and approved for use in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Our submarine tailings disposal system minimizes both seawater turbidity and the seafloor area we impact. Studies have shown that full recovery of the benthic community in mining effected areas occurs within six years.
- We plan to mine less than 1% of our leased mining area per year. Reclaimation is always done concurrent with mining; less than 6% of our leased area is impacted from our mining activities at any time.